A Place for Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jade Regent

4 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Jade Regent - Page 3 Empty Re: Jade Regent

Post by Valrogg Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:11 pm

The boy was shaking in his boots at that point, looking from the wolf to the uncompromising elven outsider. He did the only thing he could think of at that moment. He turned and ran, breaking into a sprint almost immediately, crying fearfully as he did.

What will you do?
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

https://aplaceforfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:00 pm

(Feel bad for making a kid cry)

With a silent command, Turwaithiel sent Thef back to the caravans. It was clear he wasn't going to be any help in this situation. She followed the boy, keeping a close enough distance to follow his movements, but far enough that she could blend into the crowd if he happened to take a quick peek behind him.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:52 pm

Thef whined before complying with her command, rushing off back to the caravan. The boy had already slipped into the crowd, but Turwaithiel is able to keep her eye on him. He darts in and out in between the legs of adult passers-by, and slips off down a track that leads to the edge of the settlement.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:04 pm

She follows him.

(I didn't know what else to write to keep it interesting. She's not doing much, just following him at a safe distance xP)
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:10 pm

The child rushes down a path into the woods nearby, where a single cottage sits alone, a fire glowing in one of the windows. He makes his way to the door and swings it open, disappearing inside.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:28 pm

Turwaithiel watched the boy disappear inside the cottage from behind a large tree. She was unsure of how to proceed from here and considered whether she should go back and speak to her companion Jimmy about the situation. After giving it some thought, she decided it was best to go back and find Jimmy.

(Gary's going to be taking part after this point Razz)
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:32 pm

As Turwaithiel turned back, the sun was beginning to set, turning the sky a variety of orange and yellow hues.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:06 pm

By the time Turwaithiel makes it back to the settlement, the sky has begun to darken and less people crowded the streets. She found Jimmy standing outside of a shop-How long had he been standing there?-and gave him the run down of all the things that had transpired.
"So...want to check it out?" she asked him.

(Um, Gary's playing Halo right now so I guess he'll post whenever he's done?)
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:22 pm

"Sure, I have nothing else to do."
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:36 pm

As Turwaithiel and Jimmy approach the cottage, the sun is nearly set. From the trees, they hear a low growling noise, followed by a gruff, raspy voice "Stop right there! Outsiders cannot know of this place!"
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:47 pm

Turwaithiel looked over at Jimmy and shrugged. So much for stealth.
"And what is this place, exactly?" she called out.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Jimmy waits patiently for them to answer Turwaithiel's question.
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:54 pm

"This place is a Sanctuary!" The voice growled "Too many of us were killed in the Hunt! You have your chance to turn back now. If you do not, we will not hesitate to kill you."
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:02 am

"The Hunt? I'm afraid I don't know what that is." Turwaithiel was hoping to keep him...it? talking as a distraction so that maybe Jimmy could sneak inside.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:11 am

Jimmy nods and sneaks around, looking for a way into the sanctuary.
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:45 pm

The voice was getting more impatient, and as its owner stepped forward Turwaithiel could see glowing amber eyes piercing the darkness. "We lived here in peace, before the people from the city came." He growled, walking forward through the brush while he spoke "To them, we are abominations, horrid creatures to be feared. So they gathered anyone they could, and came upon our forest in droves! Once, there were three hundred of us. Now, only twelve remain, including that child you threatened." When he finished, he was standing in the open, illuminated by the moonlight. He looked like a black wolf, standing upright and bearing oversized fangs and claws. His lips were pulled back in a snarl, and he glared at Turwaithiel "I do not wish to harm you, but you leave me no choice. If you tell anyone else of this sanctuary, they will return to finish us off. We cannot let you leave!"
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:38 am

Turwaithiel couldn't help but be struck by a small amount of fear upon seeing him in his true form. She did her best to push this fear back, although she couldn't help herself from laying a hand on her bow.
"Look, I'm sorry about what happened between me and the boy. I wouldn't have actually hurt him, I just wanted information. And I know threatening isn't the best way to go about doing that with children. He just surprised me and in that momement I'm afraid I wasn't thinking very clearly.
"Before today, I had never seen or heard of your kind before. And I know what it's like to be persecuted." Turwaithiel turned her head to the right then back to him. It looked like a casual glance but it was really just to show him her pointed ear. "And though it may be true that I may not have experienced the same level of persecution as you, not nearly, but I do know of the loneliness and the fear it brings. (I don't actually know if this is true or not, but it seems typical in settings with different races that one or more race is persecuted to some degree or another)
"What I'm saying is I would not harm you just because you look different from me. You have not hurt me or others in any way from what I can see, so I see no reason to bring harm to you or your kind. And that means that I can promise that I will not tell anyone of you or this place, especially if I think that they might bring you harm."
At this point, Turwaithiel had relinquished her hold on her bow and now held up both hands in front of her to further show him that she really meant no harm.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:27 pm

Jimmy waits patiently to see if Turwaithiel can talk out of a fight, but he stands by, ready in case a fight starts.
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:58 pm

The wolfman gave a raspy, growling laugh at Turwaithiel "You know nothing of persecution. Haven't seen friends and family cut down and butchered for being what they were, denied burial rites and their possessions taken as prizes by their killers." He drew his claws, giving a flick of his ear (Sense Motive check, post results) and pointing a clawed finger at Turwaithiel "What information did you seek from the child, elf? Why would you threaten him?"
(Jimmy, Perception check, post results)
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:01 pm

Roll(1d20)+0:
20,+0
Total:20

Even when the wolfman drew his claws, Turwaithiel did not move. She was aware that any sudden movement, no matter what the reason may be, could be interpreted the wrong way and she would be torn to shreds in seconds. She spoke as truthfully and honestly as she could. "I simply wanted to know where he was going. He seemed to be in a hurry and I thought maybe there was trouble. When he answered evasively I couldn't help but be a little suspicious. At the very worst I thought he might be a thief, especially as I saw him coming out of a shop."
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:41 pm

(I rolled 12 + 5 to perception)
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:50 pm

When the wolfman flicked his ear, Turwaithiel was able to notice that it wasn't some idle movement, he was sending a message to someone who was behind her. However, as she speaks he lowers his claws, and stops baring his teeth. "Wait, so you weren't trying to threaten him? But, he says you saw him Change..."

As this is happening, Jimmy is able to spot another wolfman crouched in the shadows behind the brush, nocking an arrow into his bow and aiming it at Turwaithiel's back. 
(Jimmy, roll Initiative to see if you act first: 1d20+DEX modifier)
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:33 pm

(I rolled a 14 + 4 Dex)
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:49 pm

(Jimmy moves first, before the wolfman with the bow. As this is a surprise round, neither Turwaithiel nor the other wolfman take action this round.)
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:12 pm

Jimmy throws a shuriken at the archer. (Rolled a 6 with a +4 Dex.)
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next