A Place for Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jade Regent

4 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Jade Regent - Page 2 Empty Re: Jade Regent

Post by Jimmy Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:14 am

"Well, it is a great name. I have seen what Thef can do, so Jak must be even more incredible in combat" Jimmy said, extending his arm toward Jak, but stopping short of the wolf's nose, waiting for acceptance.
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:24 am

Jak sniffed at Jimmy's hand for a moment, before nosing into his palm. Shalelu grinned and gave him a scratch behind the ears "Thef's just a pup, Jak is much more capable." 

Kanai smiled wistfully at that before signing "There was more than just a few. Ten of us defended Sandpoint from a goblin attack led by Ameiko's brother, and from there we were all dragged into a great many adventures. Shalelu was only there for a fraction of the time. We fought a team of evil adventurers, a cult of murderers, a tribe of ogres that had taken over a fortress, and an entire army of Giants before we even learned that an ancient emperor had been behind it all." She was getting more enthusiastic in her retelling, so her signs were much faster. In case Turwaithiel hadn't been able to keep up, she provided a journal from her pack "Here, this will have a lot of the details kept within. I wrote it while we were travelling."
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

https://aplaceforfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:46 am

Turwaithiel looked down at the journal then back up at Kanai to make sure it was really okay. She then gently took it from Kanai's hands and began flipping through the pages. She smiled as she read some of the entries. "I wish I could have been there," she signed. "Unfortunately I was at a point in my life where I thought it was a good idea to go out and 'find myself'." She laughed, mostly to herself seeing as how Kanai wouldn't hear it. "I left the city and my family, much to their disapproval. I wasn't alone at least. I had Thef with me. He was even smaller and still very much a puppy then. We had some good adventures of our own though."
Thef, who had followed Turwaithiel and now lay at her left side, lifted his head upon hearing his name and gazed at the elf, his tail thumping lightly on the floor. Turwaithiel smiled down at her wolf before her face fell and she uttered a single, unsigned sentence. "I still don't think I've found myself."
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:03 pm

"I bet he is." Jimmy scratched Jak's chin. He had never been this close to a canine before. He felt accomplished. "Before I met Ameiko, I travelled alone. So such a companion must be nice."
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Jak panted and pushed his head further into Jimmy's hand, licking it a few times. "He seems to like you. Strange, because he usually has a penchant for attacking large cats when we're out in the woods." Shalelu chuckled softly at that "Speaking of which, where are you from? Judging by your name, you can't have come from one of the wandering Clans. I've heard tell of a faraway land called Murraseth, does that sound familiar?"

Kanai followed along with Turwaithiel's story, and even respectfully looked away when she spoke without signing. She could still read lips, though it was clear those words were not for her. She did look back, however and signed in return "Your sister seems fond of you, which says a lot considering how cold she can sometimes be. I do't think your family resents you for your choice, and if anything it has made you stronger." She smiled and gave a light shrug "At least that's what I've seen thus far. The Lady in the Stars guides all travelers, so perhaps your leaving and returning here is all part of her plan for you."
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:03 pm

Turwaithiel smiled at those words. "Maybe you're right." She looked down at the journal in her lap. "Thank you for this. I should get back to scouting now."
She stood up and began to leave but paused to look back at Kanai, giving her another smile and wave before heading off with Thef trailing at her heels. She held the journal tightly to her chest where a tiny flicker of warmth began to spread.

(Awwww someone has a crush~)
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:56 pm

"I have certainly been there." Jimmy replied. He then noticed the time. "Well, I should go. It has been a fun chat." He stood up and scratched Jak between the ears.
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Shalelu nodded "You'll have to tell me about it sometime." She stood up as well, taking out her bow and whistling for Jak to follow.

Kanai nodded, waving and signing one last thing "Anytime, my friend." She stood up, heading over to find her brother, who was probably meditating on the roof of one of the wagons.

As the day winds to an end, everyone returns to the caravan to rest up. After sleeping for the night, the caravan picks up again and moves on. The next day, a terrible storm sweeps over the area, blasting the caravan's wagons and making it difficult to press through the terrain.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:11 pm

The caravan comes to rest on the ninth day in the settlement of Wolf's Ear. The inhabitants welcome you, ad you are free to explore while Sandru does business and buys more supplies for the caravan.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:55 pm

I would like to see if I can finally buy some poisons.
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:56 am

First of all, sorry for the wait xP

I'm going to attempt to teach Thef the Flank trick. I don't know if it was the same one I tried to teach him last time, but oh well.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:02 pm

A child in concealing robes grabs Jimmy by the wrist, taking him to an enclosed hut on the outskirts of the settlement. Within, he is greeted by a wizened old woman, leaning on a cane and studying him closely. 
"I hear that you are seeking poisons, yes? I have some, if you are interested. However..." She narrows her wrinkled brow and pokes him on the chest "It is foolish to walk about in your true form. If the Magnimar officials were to see you, it could instigate another Hunt."

Flank is a DC 20 Trick, so you must make a Handle Animal Check on a d20.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:08 am

"Hunt? Officials? What do you mean?" Jimmy asks confused.
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:29 pm

The elderly woman cuffs him over the head lightly "The Nobles and guards from the great city! They came here and nearly wiped us out!" She replied, as if telling a child to keep his hands out of the cookie jar. "Now hurry up and shift out of that form before you're seen!" As she says this, she is taking a few phials from her shelf and laying them out in front of him. Meanwhile, the child's eyes turn a piercing yellow color and he slowly grows fur and an elongated canine maw, as if to demonstrate to Jimmy what the woman was talking about.

(Upon reaching day 14, Thef will officially know the Flank trick, and will be able to use it in battle upon Turwaithiel's command.)
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:15 pm

Ok, I guess I disguise myself. Then I ask how much the poisons are.
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:08 pm

The woman narrows her eyes suspiciously at Jimmy, but still lays out the poisons and their prices for him to see. She keeps an eye trained on him at all times, meanwhile the child slips away, keeping his features hidden under his cloak.

Black Adder Venom - 120 gp

Wolfsbane - 500 gp

Small Centipede Poison - 90 gp

Belladonna - 100 gp

(Will Turwaithiel do anything further in Wolf's Ear?)
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:29 pm

I guess she could explore around a bit. Didn't you say you had something planned for this town?
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:48 pm

(I'm getting to it, yeah. Gary's already seen some of it)
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:41 pm

(All right then)

Though she preferred the company of trees and wildlife, Turwaithiel decided to spend some time exploring the settlement of Wolf's Ear. She veered towards the street vendors to take a peek at their wares. Thef plodded along behind her, his head swiveling about as his nose picked up the many scents wafted throughout the town.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:55 am

Jimmy points to the Black Adder venom and the Small Centipede poison. "I'll take them."
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:27 am

The woman hands the phials to Jimmy, and takes his gold in return.
"Now go, before you're seen." She tells him, slipping behind her counter to take a seat.
(Subtract 210 from your gold. Each phial contains enough poison for three uses)

While Turwaithiel explores, the child who was with Jimmy runs out and bumps into her leg. Falling back, his hood falls off. Before the child can get it back up, she notices the wolflike muzzle and ears he had. But when he turned to her again, they were gone. "S-Sorry!" He said, scrambling back to his feet.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:39 am

Turwaithiel raised an eyebrow. It had only been a flash, but she could have swore she saw...
A low growl emanated form Thef's throat and he stared down the child as if daring him to make another move. This only confirmed her suspicions about the child but she decided she would play it off for now.
"Oh it's quite all right." She gave him a bright smile while placing a hand gently over Thef's muzzle, willing him to be calm. The low growls slowly trailed off but Thef never once looked away from the young boy. "Where are you off to in such a hurry?"
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:04 pm

Jimmy nods and leaves. (Ok, I am ready for whatever you have planned.)
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:05 pm

The boy stands and looks fearfully at the wolf, trembling on front of Turwaithiel. He swallows nervously and shakes his head "I-I'm not going anywhere!" He almost shouts, trying to step away without setting Thef off.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Turwaithiel didn't like threatening children, but she knew she wouldn't get any more information out of him without pressing a little.
"Look, unless you tell me what you're hiding, I can't promise that I will be able to hold my wolf back."
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next