A Place for Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

W.G.A.: Wish Granters Anonymous - A series idea

Go down

W.G.A.: Wish Granters Anonymous - A series idea Empty W.G.A.: Wish Granters Anonymous - A series idea

Post by Kohl Black Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:37 pm

First of all, I'd just like to say I got this idea from this post I saw shared on a FB page:

W.G.A.: Wish Granters Anonymous - A series idea 13567385_1799786156910302_1516124804498198361_n.png%20%20%2011_zpspocmjnxe

What I like most about this idea is that it could easily become a long-running series, with each book being its own separate story about a character who makes a wish and the agent that is assigned to grant them that wish. Or it could even be in volumes, which each volume making up several short stories about wishers and wish granters. Or it could be a combination of both; I guess it would just depend on the length of each story.

Another thing I'd really like to implement is to have each of us, me, you, Gary, Emily and maybe some other people contribute with our own stories. They can be short or long, it's really up to the individual. I would include them in the series with whoever wrote them as the original authors. They can span any genre, too. I mean, think about. Someone might wish to fall in love, to have superpowers, to win the lottery...anything really. (Although, as I'll outline in a moment, there are some wishes that absolutely can not/should not be granted).

The beginning of each story/volume would look something like this:

Have you ever made a wish upon a star? Do you remember what you wished for? Did it come true? It probably did, but you just don't remember. Or maybe you do and to this day you are thanking that star or some higher being for granting you that wish. But what you don't know is that your wish has been granted by someone as every bit as human as you are. We are W.G.A.-Wish Granters Anonymous. We operate in total secrecy, utilizing technology most people have never seen before. What you might take for a simple satellite might be operating much more than just television transmissions and GPS. We are the secret agents whose only mission is to make people happy, if not forever, then at least for one day. When you wish upon a star...we'll be there.

So literally almost any wish can be granted, with some exceptions. For example, they aren't allowed to grant wishes that would require them to kill or hurt somebody, for ethical reasons, or bring somebody back to life (for ethical reasons and simply because they don't have that type of technology). However, I will allow you to write stories (if you decide you want to contribute at all) about agents that broke the rules, just make sure it's not too extreme (like maybe they killed or hurt one or two people, but not a whole population) and that there are repercussions for their actions. E.g. The agent loses their job, it threatens the anonymity of W.G.A., etc...I would like to mention that each agent is chosen very carefully, so you can't just have some psychopath granting wishes.

If you would like to contribute, let me know the idea or ideas you had in mind. Don't worry, I'll give you a lot of freedom with it. The main thing I'm wanting is people to bring their own ideas because while I could probably think of hundred ideas, I would love to see what other people can do with this idea. If you know anybody else who likes to write and might want to contribute, you are more than welcome to direct them to this post Smile

If you have any questions, just ask. There are some aspects I didn't really cover in this post. Also any feedback or ideas for this story idea in general is much appreciated. Even some feedback for that little intro I made because it's rather rough right now; I'd really like to improve it.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down