A Place for Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Untitled RWBY

3 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Untitled RWBY - Page 2 Empty Re: Untitled RWBY

Post by Valrogg Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:12 pm

(I'm going to level with you here...I had Team RCHD (Orchid) set up in a document that explained them in detail...but someone here at JC stole the flash drive that it was on, along with the other 128 GB worth of data on the thing. So...that's where they've been. I'll b ring them back when I make them up again...)
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

https://aplaceforfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:27 am

(Holy shit. So, we all know how busy I've been, but wouldst you have any interest in resuscitating this story?)
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:16 am

I would very much. I wouldn't mind starting from the ground up either.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:59 pm

Well, if you have something in mind regarding that I'm all ears. I know that I'm going to be updating my lore to match what the show has finally revealed to us
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Same. And no, I didn't have any ideas. Only the idea I had from before, but it wasn't much to go on. I'll probably have to re-watch the new season though so I can remember stuff.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:53 pm

Not exactly. Your team was from Vacuo right? The only exposition we had on that was from the World of Remnant videos. We haven't actually been there in the series
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:02 pm

True, but we might not necessarily be in that area. Plus we need to decide when exactly it's going to be taking place.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:04 pm

I was thinking we would be starting before the Vytal Festival, that way the state of the world isn't so volatile to our characters to deal with
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:12 pm

Yeah, that sounds good. Plus we can have some fun having our characters participate in the tournament, maybe have them meet some of the show's teams, and otherwise get more involved with the show's characters, setting, etc.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:17 pm

That sounds fun to me, and I can even have some things for my villains to do as well >8D
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:33 pm

(DOIN' IT!)

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump*
Sola was leaned up against the wall, banging his head against the wall, the sound echoing along the ship's quarters. Theirs was one of dozens of airships being deployed to Vale for the Vytal Festival Tournament in the summer. Team SNST was one of the teams who'd made it into the preliminary matches for the tournament, so they got their own compartment away from the other soldiers. The four of them would be temporarily attending class at Beacon Academy, along with huntsman-in-training teams from the other kingdoms.
Sola Rei, the leader of team SNST (pronounced 'Sunset') was a tall young man with golden hair that fell past his shoulders, a white suit and jacket adorning his slim body. His forehead had a deep red spot on it, a result of hitting it against the metal bulkhead of the compartment for the past half hour.
His teammates were otherwise occupied with other activities, and paid him no mind as if this was a regular occurrence. Nave Ronen, a muscled teen in the standard Atlas military uniform--tinted blue--sat on the bench next to Sola, using an oiled cloth to clean his rifle. He reached up and slicked his short-cropped blue hair backward, putting the rag down and hitting a button on the rifle's receiver. It clicked and morphed into a long-hafted polearm with two blades on its end. Picking the cloth back up again, he got to work polishing the blade. A grunt of pain from his leader made him turn and look, but when Sola continued he simply shrugged and returned his focus to the weapon.
Among the thumps against the bulkhead, another sound filled the empty space approximately every fifteen seconds. The sound of turning pages led to Tytani Llium, a small girl in a frilly yellow dress. She looked like a china doll with oversized glasses and platinum hair that went all the way down her back. Next to her was a stack of about six more books. Upon reaching the last page, she slammed it shut and tossed it over her shoulder. Reaching down, she picked up a copy of "Third Crusade" and opened to the first page. Looking over the top at Sola, she spoke up for a moment.
"So, is anyone going to snap him out of it?" She asked rhetorically "I mean, it is a bit of an overreaction--"
"Let him be." Came a quiet, monotone voice from the corner, where a young woman in a pitch-black combat skirt sat huddled and hugging her knees. "If he wants to hurt himself, then we shouldn't stop him." Sombre Allen looked back at the floor, her raven-colored bangs covering her left eye. Her hair was shoulder-length and she wore several chains of varying length and thickness on her dress. Unlike the others, she seemed to be actively avoiding any sort of conversation, and it was clear that her comment just now had taken some effort.
"It's not an overreaction!" Sola groaned, throwing his hands in the air "I can't believe that team RCHD is coming with us! I mean, I wanted to have fun on this trip!"
"First off, it's not a trip," Tytani replied with a sigh, closing her book and setting it down. She patted it lovingly and stood up "It's our duty, as huntsmen and as soldiers. These are our orders, and we have to accept them." This only made Sola groan and look to her with a frown.
"How can you think like that at such a young age?" He asked her, aghast. "We're going to be in a new kingdom, seeing the world, meeting new and exciting people?"
"And killing them?" Sombre added with a sheepish smirk.
"I'm going to assume that was a joke." Sola added without missing a beat "But, those guys always have to mess up any fun we manage to have! Diand and Robin, especially! Don't tell me you've forgotten that time we got reported to Ironwood for my awesome business idea!"
"You gave way to an epidemic of sunburn that kept about thirty people out of class." Nave added in "I can't really blame them for that. Though, a tanning salon in the winter was a pretty good plan, in theory."
"That wasn't my fault! Neon snuck up on me, otherwise I wouldn't have flared up!" Sola defended himself, though it was clear he was ashamed of the results.
"Doesn't matter if they're with us..." Sombre spoke up, her voice barely more than a whisper, but the others made sure to listen "We can still have fun, gotta focus on the positive, right?" even as she said this, her face didn't move from its neutral expression.
Just then, the airship lurched as it came to a stop, and the compartment opened up to the sight of Beacon's entrance courtyard. The team stepped out into the sun, watching as the other students bustled about. Stepping forward, Sola beamed and his face split into a wide, toothy grin. The rest of the team covered their ears in expectation as Sola took a deep breath and shouted at the top of his lungs 
"LOOK OUT, VALE! TEAM SNST IS HERE TO ROCK YOUR KINGDOM!"

(Wow, that's a long post, but Imma consider that the reboot of this RP. Timeline-wise, this would be around the time of the last two episodes of Volume 1, about the same time we were first introduced to Sun and Penny)
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:52 pm

"Looks like the Atlas students have arrived," Rogan Brass announced from beside the window of the dorm room he and his fellow teammates were staying in temporarily. He was tall, with bulging muscles and sandy brown hair. He was wearing Beacon's school uniform now, as was required of all of them, but normally his attire was composed of deep reds and accented with black.

Dusky Giganski went to stand beside him to watch the Atlesian airships make a landing a few hundred yards away. Dusky was similarly built to Rogan in stature, though not as tall and he seemed to be packing slightly more muscle. His hair came down to his ears and was wavy and unkempt, as if he couldn't bother to brush it. It was black with silvery strands interspersed. His arms were hairy, the hairs being of the same coloration as his hair.

"I bet they're going to form ranks and march into the school like a miniature army," Vi Meadow joked. She was also tall, the 3rd tallest in the group, with wiry hair weaved into tight braids at the top of her head, while the rest of it fell back into a long ponytail that fell slightly past her shoulders. She wore a purple scarf-an accessory she was rarely seen without.

Vi's dark skin contrasted with the pale white skin of her teammate who sat beside her-Ebony Whitelock. Unlike the rest of her teammates, Ebony was short. She had shoulder-length, silky black hair and sideswept bangs with a single white streak. Like Vi, she also chose to wear an accessory that she rarely took off. In her case, it was a long white cape with a hood which she now had pulled over her head, hiding the top half of her facial features.

"Hey, now that we're done unpacking, let's go explore the school grounds some," Vi continued. "Ooh! Or maybe we can check out the town! Actually, let's do both! That would be fun, right Eb?" She tugged down on Ebony's hood playfully.

"Hey!" Grumbling, Ebony readjusted her hood.

Vi waited for their responses to her proposition.

"Sure," Dusky said.

"Fine," was Rogan's response.

Crossing her arms, Ebony murmured, "Hmph."

"All right! Let's go!" Taking Ebony's arm, Vi pulled Ebony off the bed and out of the room, Dusky and Rogan following them out into the hall.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:09 pm

A few students walked by.
"Did you hear about that guy down at the Crow Bar? He calls himself 'The Grimm Rider'."

Calim

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:19 pm

The Atlas students got into ranks just outside their respective airships, with SNST at the back. The only ones who kept their bearing, however, were Nave and Tytani. Sombre kept looking at the floor and Sola was too fidgety, but their instructor didn't call them on it. Once they were dismissed, Team SNST got started exploring the outside of the school, breaking off from the rest of the Atlas teams. Tytani pulled her sleeve up to check the time.
"We have approximately an hour and a half to get to the Amphitheater, that should be enough to check out all the classrooms, I think." Sola shook his head and held up a finger.
"I have a better idea, let's not do something boring, okay? Okay." He patted her on the head teasingly before spinning around to point in a random direction. "I'm going this way! You all can follow me if you want, just make sure you're not late!" Tytani nodded and turned to her teammates. 
"Alright, so the history classroom is just on the other si-" her voice trailed off, realizing that Nave and Sombre had already split off and gone their own way. She pouted and pushed her glasses into place "Fine. The library it is, then~"
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:58 pm

The Grimm Rider...? Ebony thought, turning her head as the students passed them by. Vi tugged her along mercilessly though, and she wasn't able to stop and ask the students for more info.

"I wonder where we should go first~?" Vi mused aloud, skipping happily along the hall.

"She's in a chipper mood today, huh?" Dusky said to Rogan, nudging him with his elbow. "It's kind of scary. I almost prefer her being bossy."

Rogan was distracted though and only grunted in response. He hadn't failed to notice the students' gossip either, and it had piqued his curiosity. I'm going to go check out this Crow Bar place once we head into town... he thought.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:01 pm

Sombre followed along behind Nave, not having a destination in mind but knowing she didn't want to have to deal with Tytani or Sola. Nave wasn't much of a conversationalist, preferring action and getting to the point. She could respect this, and it made things easier on her. She kept her distance though, as she wasn't really a fan of human contact.
This made things difficult for her when a crowd of students came down the hallway from the other direction. Nave simply went to one side of the hall and waited, but Sombre panicked and ducked into a different corridor. Groaning, she waited for the crowd to pass by, but when she checked again, Nave had already moved on. She let out a sigh and made her way back toward the entrance, there had to be a map somewhere, right? Not paying attention, she rounded a corner and bumped into another student, bouncing off and falling to the floor. Looking up, she noticed a girl wearing a purple scarf with two rather large looking boys behind her. She gasped and scrambled backward, standing shakily to her feet and avoiding eye contact with any of them. 
"I-I'm sorry! I wasn't...looking where I was going..."
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:21 am

"Whoops, sorry~!" Vi chimed with barely a glance at the girl she had accidentally knocked down. She continued to skip along down the hallway, unheeded in her quest for exploration.

"S-sorry!" Ebony called after the girl, still being helplessly dragged along by her team leader.

Rogan shook his head at Vi but strode right past the girl without offering any sort of consolation or apology for his teammate's behavior. Dusky was the only one who stopped.

"Sorry about my teammates," he said, scratching the back of head. "They can be pretty inconsiderate sometimes...

"My name's Dusky." He held out his hand for her to shake but upon seeing her shrink away from it slightly, he withdrew it. "That girl that ran into you, the one with the purple scarf, is our team leader. Her name is Vi. I apologize again for her behavior. She's just excited about her new surroundings. She's actually a really good team leader, and just a good person all around. The one she was pulling along behind her with the white hood, that's Ebony. She's pretty quiet and shy but she's really nice once she starts to open up a little more. And Rogan, that's the other big guy, he's...well he's not the warmest individual when it comes to social interactions, but in a fight, you can always count on him to have your back. Together we form team VRDE*. We hail from Vacuo. Judging by your uniform, you must be a part of those Atlas students that just arrived, am I right?"

*(Pronounced verde)
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:10 pm

Sombre watched as the rest of the students ran past her without so much as a word. She looked up at the man who stayed behind, before looking away again. She listened to him and nodded almost imperceptibly. "Yes, we just got here. I'm Sombre Allen..." She replied quietly "I'm with Team SNST...You probably heard our leader when he stepped off the ship. He's...very loud." Her voice was quiet, and didn't betray much emotion in her voice. "His name's Sola, I'm sure you'll meet him at some point. He's good at drawing attention to himself." She looked up to Dusky, making eye contact for the first time, from behind her bangs. "So, were you going anywhere in particular? I'm afraid I'm lost, this place is a lot different from the Atlas academy. If it's not too much of a bother, could you show me around?"
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:51 pm

"I actually haven't had the opportunity to familiarize myself with the campus just yet," Dusky admitted. "I was going to go with my teammates, but..." He looked down hallway, which was now empty save him and Sombre. "But it seems they've left me behind...And to be honest, I have no idea which way they were going. I guess our only other option is to wander about aimlessly. It'll help pass the time if anything."

---

"Vi! Slow down! Are you trying knock people down?" Ebony complained while tugging backwards on Vi's grip. Vi, however, barely slowed down.
"It was an accident! I promise!"
"Well you could have at least apologized!"
"I said I was sorry!"
There was a pause.
"Where are you even going?!"
"Heck if I know!" Vi laughed and Ebony just groaned.

---

Rogan had stopped following Vi and Ebony for several minutes now. He doubted they'd notice his absence. Or if they did, they wouldn't care. As he walked streets of downtown Beacon, he thought about this "Grimm Rider" person the students had mentioned. The name itself was enough to set him on edge. Reflexively, his hand moved to grip the pommel of the greatsword at his back, but his hand grabbed nothing but empty air. He cursed inwardly. No, of course it wasn't there. They had been ordered to store away their weapons in portable lockers as soon as they reached Beacon Academy. It could be dangerous approaching an individual known as "The Grimm Rider" unarmed. Then again, he doubted the stranger would have gotten past the city's security if he had been seen as a threat.
Still, Rogan couldn't stop himself from rolling his shoulders and cracking his knuckles as he approached the Crow Bar.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:47 am

A man with short black hair is sitting in the Crow Bar. He is wearing pale blue breastplate, pauldrons, bracers, and greaves on top of black clothing. The armor looks lightly scratched, and he has a scar running from his chin, up his cheek, and ending just below his left eye.

"...that's when the Beringel got angry. Have you ever seen a Beringel crush a Beowulf's head? We must have killed at least 15 Beowulfs before the Ursa got involved. That isn't the kind of fight you want to be caught in the middle of, so I had to make sure it ended fast. I got the Beringel to grapple with the Ursa while Lucy and I dealt the killing blow. After that we put down the Beringel too. You can't just leave something like that wandering around."

Calim

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:40 pm

Sombre nodded, letting out a light sigh "Yeah, I guess so. Sorry I got you separated from your team..." She looked away again, turning away to face down the corridor again "So, my teammate was heading this way, should we go there and see if we can find him?"

By this point, Nave had found the training arena, and was watching a few students battle each other with excitement in his eyes. A young woman in sunglasses and wearing fashionable attire was battling what seemed to be a female gladiator, red hair blazing as bullets ricocheted off of her shield. It seemed to be an even match, until the gatling gun's aim suddenly veered off, allowing the gladiator to rush forward and thrust her spear at the other girl's neck. She stopped just an inch before, and a voice sounded out over the loudspeaker.
"And the winner, is Pyhhra Nikos!" After they left, Nave stepped forward, taking out his rifle and looking for someone to spar with.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Vi stopped so suddenly that Ebony, who had been just behind her, slammed into her. For the second time that day, Vi caused someone to fall down. Face down on the floor, Ebony moaned a muffled "Ow."
"Shh," Vi shushed her sharply. "You hear that?"
A muffled "No."
"They're sparring nearby, I think just beyond this room! Let's check it out!" Vi helped, well more like dragged, Ebony to her feet and lead her further down the hall and towards a door. As they drew near, Ebony could indeed hear the sounds of sparring just beyond, as well as a voice over an intercom. Vi pushes open the door and they step inside.

----

"I guess I haven't got anything better to do," Dusky said with a light shrug. Together, they walk down the hall in the direction her teammate had gone.

----

Rogan stepped inside the bar. Thankfully, the bartender seemed to be too wrapped up in the other man's tale that he hardly glanced at Rogan as he approached the counter and sat at one of the stools, a couple of seats down from the man. If the man noticed he was underage, which would be obvious if he saw the school's uniform, then he would certainly be thrown out immediately.
"Beer," Rogan said to the bartender. A mug of beer was set in front of him a few seconds later. The bartender didn't even look at Rogan as he sat it down.
"Well I'll be..." the bartender mused. "So how do you do it anyhow?"
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:53 pm

As Vi and Ebony entered the sparring chamber, they would see Nave battling a muscular student in gray armor and wielding a large mace. Nave twirled his spear and swept the man's leg, sending him toppling to the ground, before planting the pommel of his weapon on his chest. He grinned, and began to run, using his spear to drag his opponent across the ground until he slammed him into the wall. Up on the screen, the student's aura depleted into the red zone, and the loudspeaker sounded out "The winner is Nave Ronen!" He reached down to help the man up, but got his hand smacked away for his troubles. Shrugging, Nave made his way back to the center of the ring.
"Anybody else?" He asked, cracking a wide grin.

Sombre followed behind Dusky, but trailed off several feet away from him, taking small steps. As they make their way down the corridor, they can hear ecstatic shouting and bombastic self-praise. Groaning, she shook her head "Well, we found one of them already...." she said with a sigh. As they passed by, they would see Sola standing proudly in front of some first-year students, regaling them with tales of grandeur in Grimm-slaying that Sombre already knew had been falsified.
"Have you ever seen someone stab a Nevermore in the eye with its own feather? They're very unwieldy, but once you can pick it up, they make for a great replacement weapon, as my sword had fallen into the canyon at that point. So, with my bare hands I grabbed it by its beak and gave it a mighty twist, and its head came clean off!"
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:26 pm

"I ride grimm by sheer force of will, and a little bit of semblance." Woad says. "Bigger they are, the harder they are to control though."

Calim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:02 pm

The bartender chuckled, shaking his head. He looked over at Rogan as if to say, Can you believe this guy?
"My friend. You have balls of steel, that's all I can say. So what brings you to Beacon?"

----

Vi cracked a wide grin of her own. She nudged Ebony with her elbow.
"How fast do you think I can knock this guy flat on his ass?"
"Vi...I don't think it's such a good idea to be showing our potential opponents for the tournament what we can do just yet. That could give them an unfair advantage over us."
"Knowing what your opponent can do doesn't necessarily mean they're any easier to defeat."
Vi raised her hand and nodded to the man down in the ring then started making her way down to him.
"Let's see what you got, tough guy."

----

"Color me impressed," Dusky said. "I imagine you and the rest of your teammates are just as tough. It will be a pleasure battling you in the tournament, if it comes to that."
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next