A Place for Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jade Regent

4 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Jade Regent - Page 4 Empty Re: Jade Regent

Post by Valrogg Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:26 pm

The archer's ears turn on a swivel, and he moves his aim from Turwaithiel to Jimmy, ducking his head to the side to avoid the shuriken before loosing his arrow at Jimmy.
(He rolls a 10+3, what is Jimmy's AC?)
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

https://aplaceforfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:15 pm

So, the arrow misses as well. The altercation alerts both Turwaithiel and the other wolfman.
Nicole, please roll Initiative.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:23 pm

Roll(1d20)+0:
9,+0
Total:9
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:46 pm

Turwaithiel moves next
Current Initiative order:
1. Jimmy
2. Werewolf Archer
3. Turwaithiel
4. Werewolf Fighter
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:31 pm

Upon the hearing the whistling of objects flying through the air, Turwaithiel turned away from the wolfman towards the source the direction the arrow had come. She was surprised to see another wolfman-this one with his bow pointed at Jimmy. An ambush? Anger flared up inside her and one hand went to her bow instinctively; however, before the other hand could reach for an arrow, her subconscious made her pause. She had made a promise, and she wasn't the type to break her promises so easily.
She looked back to the first wolfman to see what he would do.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:47 pm

The werewolf snarled and looked back at Turwaithiel, noting how she wasn't attacking. "I'm sorry, there is only one way I can let you leave." He then lunged at her, his fangs going for her arm. They dig in, dealing 7 damage before he pulls away. (He rolled a 17+5, and a 4+3 for damage, Turwaithiel must make a Fortitude save.)
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:59 pm

Jimmy throws a shuriken at both werewolves. (Using his extra attack) (6+4 to the werewolf biting Turwaithiel)(13+4 to the werewolf archer)
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:46 pm

The shuriken aimed at the fighter is dodged, but the shuriken thrown at the archer sticks into his left arm, making him flinch lightly. 
Turwaithiel moves next.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:29 pm

Turwaithiel cried out in pain from the bite but managed to grab one of her arrows and draw it across her bow. She aims.
"I'm sorry, too." A single tear drips down Turwaithiel's face and then she looses her arrow directly at the wolfman's head...
Roll(1d20)+0:
1,+0
Total:1
Unable to steady her shaking hand, her shot goes wild, and the arrow flies off into the night and disappears somewhere in the trees.

Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:06 pm

The archer draws his bow, aiming right between Jimmy's eyes. But, before he could loose the arrow, there was a bright, blinding light in his eyes. He dropped his weapon, the arrow firing into the ground at his feet while he clawed at his eyes, letting out a howl of pain. There is a tap on Jimmy's shoulder, and Kanai smiles at him, her other hand still glowing.

The fighter tries to strike at Turwaithiel in retaliation, but finds himself blocked by two wolves as Jak and Thef leapt between them. 
"Whose idea was this?" Sandru asked, stepping into the road with a lantern in his hand and a knife in the other. Shalelu was with him, her bow drawn and pointed at the archer while he was vulnerable. "Did you take it upon yourselves to attack these two?" He raised an eyebrow and shook his head "I don't think the Alpha would willingly have my employees attacked on this road, especially not with the way I helped you all out. Do you know how much of my profits go toward keeping the guards from looking down here?" He looked over to Turwaithiel and let out a gasp of surprise, seeing her bleeding arm "And did one of you bite her? Please tell me you did not. You know Andosana, right?" He points a thumb back to Shalelu "That's her sister, you idiots!" He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. He turned and snapped his fingers, pointing to the one who had bitten Turwaithiel. His expression was cold and stern, his grip tightening on the knife. "You. Take me to the Alpha. Now. Unless you want Andosana to wipe out your whole pack and feed them to the real wolves."
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:56 am

Jimmy relaxed, sensing the end of combat. He still remained alert however. He turned to face Kenai and gave her a thumbs up as well as a nod in thanks for stopping the archer.
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:18 pm

Unable to process all that was occurring in that moment, Turwaithiel just stood there. She found herself gripping her bitten arm. The pain was immense. Her mind kept repeating Sandru's words. Bitten. Why did that sound bad?
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Kanai returns the thumbs-up gesture, grinning widely. She goes to Turwaithiel and takes a deep breath, taking her hand. She places her other hand over the wound, and it glows with a white light. She removes her hands, looking Turwaithiel in the eyes and shaking her head apologetically. (Heal 6 damage)
Shalelu glares at the wolves, and they bare their teeth at her until they hear Sandru's threat. They growl at him before the fighter lets out a deep sigh "Fine, we shall take you to Her. Follow me." He turns around, moving to help his comrade to his feet before heading down the road toward the cottage.
(Either one of you can post next)
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:51 pm

The look in Kanai's eyes and the way she shook her head was very dissuading to Turwaithiel. She decided to push the worrying thought to the back of her mind however and focus on the present situation. She turned to Sandru.
"How did you know about them?"
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:30 am

Being the silent ninja he is supposed to be, Jimmy patiently waits for events to progress. He was concerned for Turwaithiel's injury, but Kanai healed it so it may be alright. He was interested in learning more about these wolves. He had to admit, fighting them was somewhat fun.
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Sandru gave a light grin and turned back to Turwaithiel. "Thef came running back to us, acting strangely and dragging your sister by the foot. We followed him here, and from there I was able to put two and two together." He let out a sigh as Shalelu kicked the stunned wolf to his feet, her bow still on him as they began to lead the party down the trail toward the lone house. Sandru shouted back to them "Oh, and by the way! Those are silver arrows, so don't get any funny ideas!"
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:09 pm

"Well I'm glad you found us when you did," Turwaithiel said with a smile down at her wolf.
Thef whined and walked up to the young elf, tail wagging. "We've always been there to look after each other, haven't we?" she said to him as she reached to stroke him between the ears.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:18 pm

(I don't have anything I want to do. I am ready for this story to continue.)
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:45 am

Shalelu led the wolves up to their shack, and when one of them opened the door, she kicked him in, casting a light on her arrow to illuminate the darkness. Sandru came in behind her, his hands crossed behind his back. He took a step off to the side, addressing an altar with a bronze bow and a pair of stag antlers with a bowed head and a prayer.
"Where's the Alpha?" He asked, as nine pairs of yellow eyes lit up the darkness, stepping into the light. A tenth then stepped forward, a human woman of thirty. She barked an order to the others 
"Take your original forms, we are in the presence of a friend." As she did, the other wolves, including those that attacked outside, began to transform. Within a minute they had shed their fur, and their muzzles had shortened and their claws retracted. In there place were nine humans, an elf, and two halflings, including the child that Turwaithiel had met. Sandru just shook his head.
"Friend, eh? Then why, I ask, were my employees attacked today? One of them bitten by one of your own." He pointed a thumb back to Turwaithiel "She could end up turning, you know. I know the practice here was to only turn those who volunteered to join your community, but Turwaithiel here did not volunteer. She, in fact, had it forced upon her by one of your own. And my other employee tells me that she would have been killed outright had Jimmy not interfered." He raised an eyebrow to the Alpha "Who does this to a friend?"
"Sorva and Gedri will face punishment for their attacks," the Alpha replied "I will let those who were harmed decide their fate, as is our custom. But after, I'm afraid I will have to ask them to leave here for good. You may continue to do your business here, but I also have word that those two threatened Manu, and I cannot abide by that. Attacking them was wrong, but action still must be taken."
Sandru nodded and then turned back to Turwaithiel and Jimmy as the two men were pushed to their knees in front of them. "Looks like it's your choice, what do you want to do with them?"
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:47 pm

Glaring down at the one who had bitten her, Turwaithiel stood in silent contemplation. She was aware that this decision largely hung on her, seeing as she was basically the one who had gotten them into this mess in the first place. She rarely allowed herself to feel such an emotion, but she would be lying to herself if she said she wasn't angry.
"You told me how you and your people used to live in peace before you began to be persecuted. You even said to me that you did not wish to harm me. And then you said that you didn't have a choice. Well I beg to disagree. There is always a choice." Here she looked back and forth between Sorva and Gedri.
In the back of her mind, Turwaithiel considered the possibility of harming the one who had bitten her. Thef certainly wouldn't mind taking a reasonably sized chunk out of his arm, similar to how she had been injured, and indeed the wolf looked ready to abide at the slightest signal. However...
"You told me how your kind was attacked based on false assumptions, but is that not the same thing you did to me and Jimmy? I don't believe in stooping to the enemy's level to accomplish a goal, which is why I'm not going to harm you. Also, I made a promise to you earlier and despite the events that have...transpired, I do intend to keep that promise. If my friends can be your friends, I see no reason to be your enemy. The only thing I hope to leave you with is that by acknowledging your mistakes, you can use that knowledge and the words I have given you to think more on the choices you make in the future."
Having ended her lecture, Turwaithiel fell silent and awaited Jimmy's judgement, if any.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:57 am

"I was just protecting my friend. I don't care what happens to them, so do what you must." If he was going to be honest, Jimmy really didn't want to stay much longer. He looked around the room and counted all of the 'wolves' in the room. Too many for his liking.
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:10 pm

With that, the Alpha nodded and bowed her head. Sandru let out a sigh and clapped both Jimmy and Turwaithiel on the shoulders, turning them around toward the door.
"And with that, the matter is settled!" He exclaimed happily "I'm so glad we could resolve this without any bloodshed!" He tossed the wolf on the right a small phial and winked "For your troubles, a few drops a day should cure any side effects of that spell Kanai used." As he was walking out, the Alpha stood and handed him a small bundle.
"This is for her wound. There should be enough to cure her, if she so wishes." She said, bowing deeply once again "Please, let there be no more violence between the two of us." Sandru grinned and nodded, taking the bundle and handing it to Shalelu. He then took the Alpha's hand and brought it up, giving it a dainty kiss.
"Of course, and I hope our next meeting isn't so...testy." He sighed, leading the two of you back to the caravan. 
"Turwaithiel, have your sister take that to Koya, she'll help you administer the medicine." Sandru stated, while Shalelu had already left for the Fortune-teller's wagon.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:18 am

(I will have my character take the medicine, but I do have a question: Are there going to be any side effects or will that be a surprise?)
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:02 pm

(That will be determined by the dice. When Turwaithiel takes her first dose, make a Fortitude save and tell me the result, including the modifiers)
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next