A Place for Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sage of the Mountain

3 posters

Go down

Sage of the Mountain  Empty Sage of the Mountain

Post by Valrogg Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:41 am

I need to type this one up very quickly. It's based on a dream I had just last night, in which I happened to be semi-lucid, enough to somewhat direct the protagonist. Said protagonist is a young girl who was born with the mystic ability to communicate with and command animals and wildlife, she is the latest in a long cycle of reincarnated mystics known as the Sage of the Mountain, and her role is to battle an immortal beast of destruction whose name I've already forgotten (See why I needed to type this asap?). This beast is also reincarnated, and has done battle with each and every one of her incarnations. And, because her last incarnation was killed by this beast, and it has taken about seventeen years for her to regain her powers and memories, the beast has run rampant for that entire time. This has left the world in shambles and every major country is in a state of martial law and on edge while they wait for the beast to come knocking on their doors. Needless to say, when the girl finally does set out to do her duty and attempt to slay the beast, the people of the world are very bitter at the sudden reappearance of their 'savior'.

Let me know what you guys think, I couldn't not write this down, it was a pretty intensely vivid dream. I actually have never had that kind of experience before.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

https://aplaceforfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sage of the Mountain  Empty Re: Sage of the Mountain

Post by Jimmy Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:52 am

That sounds very interesting. I would read it.
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:58 pm

I've done some expanding on the idea. Still haven't found (or remembered) the names of the protagonist or the beast she's fighting, but I have a better idea of the setting and plot.

It was a modern setting, at least mostly because I distinctly remember she was hitchhiking on a truck at one point. However, how much of civilization remains is unclear. Also, she was facing down the beast (which had insectoid features in my dream, at least partially) in a desert, surrounded by various creatures she'd allied herself with.
But, something I have decided as an expansion on the original dream is, she is the reincarnation of the other Sages, but has none of their memories or past experiences except for in brief flashes. This is not the Avatar. She did, however, learn about these powers as she grew up in the woods with her parents, and felt a strong pull to leave her home accompanied by visions of the beast. She came to the conclusion herself that she is the Sage of the Mountain, and is unsure herself how true that is despite her abilities. This urging by her past memories leads her to seek out the tallest mountain in the world, the place where the earth is closest to the heavens (clear to me during the dream that this world is not our Earth, as the mountain stood alone, much like Erebor, and was filled with life unlike Everest in our world, which is cold and desolate and part of a larger range). This mountain would give the Sages the power to stand up to the beast, and every one of them would make the pilgrimage there at one point in their lives, hence the title "Sage of the Mountain".
I have also decided that she will mainly be a lone hero. Her pilgrimage is meant to be undertaken alone, and no other person is allowed to join her when she forms the bond between earth and heaven to gain her full power. Her journey will take her across the world, and she will meet and befriend a great many people and other characters, but ultimately she will have no constant companions aside from the animals and spirits that her powers allow her to communicate with.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

https://aplaceforfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:21 am

I really really like this! I'm jealous you were able to have a dream like this, so well-organized and put together. I hope you do something with this, because I see a lot of potential for it.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum