A Place for Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perhaps...something like this?

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Perhaps...something like this? Empty Perhaps...something like this?

Post by Valrogg Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:00 pm

What would any of you say to possibly doing something RWBY related in this topic?
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

https://aplaceforfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Perhaps...something like this? Empty Re: Perhaps...something like this?

Post by Kohl Black Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:34 pm

Seeing as how I already kind of had my own RWBY ff in mind, with my own original characters, I would totally be down for that.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:37 pm

Awesome. I only have one character, but I've been working on trying to make the rest of his team and coming up with names XP
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:43 pm

I have four characters, but they aren't a team anymore. I only have 1 name for one of them, and I still need to think of a team name and a couple of weapon names. I do have a bit of a story for them though, like the reason why their team was split in half and now it's really only two people.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:48 pm

Actually, I just found a RWBY name generator, which should be extremely helpful. It won't let me post with a link attached for some dumb reason, so you'll have to do a google search xP
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:53 pm

Also I should think of symbols and semblences...There's a lot that goes into making RWBY characters @_@
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:07 pm

I've got mine! At least, one of them. 8D
Nave Ronen
Kingdom: Atlas
Team: RRND (Rend)
Weapon: Tyllu'r Nefoedd, A Spear twice the length of Nave's body, with blades on either side of the pole, and a rifle barrel between the blades.
Semblance: Nave can create phantom copies of his weapon or those of his teammates. These copies last for a very short time before dissipating, and can be affected by Dust.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:11 pm

Nice! I wish I could brainstorm as fast as you xP I got the first name and the first word to one of my character's weapons, Vi and Jade respectively.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:32 pm

I'm thinking the other team members' names will be Robin, Regalia, and Diand
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:08 pm

I just read a thing online that was posted by Monty Oum himself about the rules for naming RWBY OCs and RWBY teams. I'll just go ahead and copy and paste the entire post here (found on Tumblr):

Μonty Oum, the creator of RWBY, just released these runes for fans that like to create RWBY OC’s, please share and spread the word.
1. RWBY characters must be:
A color, something that sounds like a color, something that means color or something that makes you think of a color.
2.If that character is on a team, then the first letter of their names must fit in a 4 letter acronym that spells a team name that also must be:
A color, something that sounds like a color, something that means color or something that makes you think of a color.
That was the rule that I set whenever they need to come up with a name in RWBY.  You can bet there were countless hours in cafes scribbling on the back of napkins while looking up names scrubbing through thesauri and dictionaries, looking up colors in different languages, finding names that could lend meaning to a character in mind. Or researching various histories of names that I wanted and finding a way to give it color.
Thus all the names in RWBY (minus Ozpin… for some reason…) follow these rules. It wasn’t certainly hard when I wanted a certain name, but couldn’t give it a color meaning or somehow find a way to make it fit the criteria of being on certain teams.
Sometimes I’d have a specific character design in mind and then they would need a color and a team.
Sometimes I’d have only the name and therefore I’d either need it to fit somewhere, or come up with three other names to justify it.  But then find even better meaning in other names.
Sometimes I’d have a team name and look for as many ways to spell said team member or team itself to match.
This rule from day one when I started thinking about RWBY set into motion this chaotic series of events where each and every day we found meaning and circumstance for our characters. I embraced this chaos and let it run throughout creating texture while we try to make sense of it.
I’ve seen some RWBY OC’s & OC’s teams that follow the first rule, but don’t know about the second.  I’m putting this out there so that you don’t invest in something that isn’t accurate to the rule. And I like that you think about these things because I was the same one day, watching someone else’s work, dreaming up my own.
Setting rules for yourself that are difficult to overcome is hard. But that’s why we do it!
P.S. Someday in the future I will hold a contest for RWBY OC’s to be made into RWBY itself, in the meantime let’s start small and design more Velvet outfits.  But even then, don’t stop dreaming!
-Monty Oum

I think I've been keeping pretty close to that rule for my characters because I have Ebony Whitelock, Vi (violet) Lectra, and Rogan Brass. Just need to come up with one more...
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:11 pm

Hmmmm, gonna have to change a few things then. Back to the drawing board for me 8P Nave still counts, though.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:00 pm

Aha! I've got it!
Team SNST (Sunset), and the other members are Sola, Sombre, and Tytani. Now I just need to design their weapons and semblances, but at least now they fit the proper conventions 8D
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:16 pm

Nice! I thought of a team name for my characters as well, as well as names for them all. Team VRDE (Verde) with Vi, Rogan, Dusky, and Ebony. As of right now, I'm doing research on semblances/semblance ideas.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:47 pm

Okay, so I pretty much have their semblences, now I just need to work on weapons and weapon names. In particular, how they will morph into guns or some other high-powered long-range weapon(if they do at all). This part will give me the most trouble and consequently take more time, unfortunately...
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:17 pm

Team SNST (Sunset)
Kingdom: Atlas
Members:

Nave Ronen - A young man with dark blue hair cut short to his head, wielding a spear by the name of Tyllu'r Nefoedd, which has two blades on the end and a rifle barrel between the blades. His semblance allows him to create phantom copies of his weapon or those of his allies midstrike, turning a single thrust into a flurry of blows or a single bullet into a storm of projectiles. He is the middle child among seven, with three brothers and three sisters. In any combat situation, he is the first to go charging in to attack the enemy, and consequently usually the first to go down. His role in the Team is to take down smaller Grimm quickly in a blitzkrieg attack style, or to distract stronger enemies to give his teammates time to move in for the kill.

Tytani Llium - A prodigy child only fourteen years of age, Tytani has long, silver hair that reaches down past her shoulders and normally wears dainty, doll-like dresses in place of armor. This actually serves to conceal her weapons, a set of knives joined together by razor wire, which she throws out to whiplash enemies from afar. She is the tactical mind behind the Team, pointing out weaknesses and coordinating her Team's assaults against enemies. Due to her young age, her semblance isn't fully developed, but at its current stage it allows her to weave lines of Aura through the ground, serving as tripwires for powerful Dust-based traps.

Sombre Allen - A sullen, brooding girl with a gothic-Lolita style of appearance who hides her visage behind her jet-black hair. She is the most unsociable of the Team, and in particular does not get along with Sola, though she can respect his leadership. Her Weapon is a massive chainsaw that can split apart into two smaller swords with a chain-edge to them. Both of these swords can then also become a pair of sawed-off shotguns. Her semblance causes anyone who looks into her eyes to become possessed of an overwhelming sense of irrational fear, leaving them to either flee or cower in terror, allowing her to move in for the kill. In combat, she is a force of terror, dispatching Grimm in the most gruesome of manners and delighting in the bloodshed; a far cry from her demeanor outside of battle, where she is shy and timid.

Sola Rei - A cheerful, upbeat man who grows his golden hair out long and straight. Always dressed sharply and carrying himself in a dapper, high-class manner, Sola gives off the impression that he is the scion of a rich and powerful noble family. In truth, he merely mimics this style, and is actually dirt poor. His weapon is a rapier and dagger set, both of which hold Dust cartridges in the hilts to emit streams of fire when he attacks. They can combine to form a dual-bladed staff. His semblance causes his Aura to emit light from his body, which he can increase or decrease in intensity, from a simple light to get through the darkness to an intense flash that sears the flesh and causes temporary or permanent blindness. As an added sideffect, when he uses his semblance for longer periods of time or at higher intensities, it has a tendency to tan or burn his skin. He is the leader of Team SNST.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:32 pm

Team VRDE (Verde)
Kingdom: Vacuo

Leader: Vi Meadow
Race: Human
Appearance: Tall and model-like, but with plenty of musculature. Her dark brown skin accents well with her purple and green attire. She can never be seen without her favorite accessory-her purple scarf which always seems to be billowing majestically in the wind, even when none is present. Her wiry brown hair is always cut short.
Weapon: Jade-colored, jagged-shaped twin blades. The blades that jut out from the handles curve backward and she holds them with the blades parallel to her hands. The handles can be connected to form a dual-bladed short staff of sorts.
Semblence: By manipulating her aura, she can create a field around her enemies that slows their movements. She can only slow their movements by about half before things become increasingly taxing. She is capable of stopping their movements entirely, but only for a few seconds. Any longer and she risks losing consciousness.

Member: Rogan Brass
Appearance: Tall and muscular. Short red hair with two streaks of gold. The primary colors of his outfit match his hair.
Weapon: Large claymore that easily stands as tall as he (around 6 feet). It is bulky and unwieldy to most, but he carries it easily. It morphs into a laser shotgun.
Semblence: Using his aura, he can make it so his body is as hard as metal, easily deflecting physical blows and most long range attacks. It's not so good against high-powered attacks, however.

Member: Dusky Giganski
Race: Faunus
Appearance: Similarly built to Rogan, though not as tall and thicker muscles. His hair is black but with silver hairs near the top (think silverback gorilla) He also has unusually sharp canines and hairy arms with a similar silvery hue to his head.
Weapon: Gauntlets with claw-like protrusions at the end that are curved and razor sharp. The tips of 'claws' can detach to shoot out bullets. At the top of the gauntlets is a slot to input Dust and another slot for rounds.
Semblence: Can make himself grow twice in size, double his physical attack strength but halving his speed. His guantlets had to be specially made to 'grow' in size with him so that he could still use them effectively in battle.

Member: Ebony Whitelock
Appearance: Easily the shortest and smallest member of team, she has short black hair with long, sideswept bangs with a single white streak. She wears a white cape and hood (with the hood covering her head and eyes most of the time). Most of the rest of her attire is white, accented with black here and there.
Weapon: A glaive that morphs into a bladed assault rifle. Not much else to say.
Semblence: Using her Aura and weapon as the output, she can slash the air to create a slice of white energy that can literally cut through enemies or objects such as boulders(think something along the lines of Air Slash in Pokemon). She can only do this when her weapon is in glaive-mode.

I'm not very good at describing clothing/weapons, which is why their descriptions are rather vague for the most part. On the bright side, it leaves a lot of room for your own imagination :3
Personalities and backstories are left out on purpose, as they will be rp'd out.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:48 pm

Oh, shoot. I wanted to make a faunus but by the time I finished they were all human XP Oh, well. My brain will come up with something whilst we work through it Cool
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:50 pm

So are we going we going to start here or make a new thread?
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:03 pm

A new thread might be best. You know if anyone else will want to join in?
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:15 pm

All I can think of is Gary, since I don't think Emily has watched the show.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:19 pm

Well, we can let him know. You can go ahead and start the new thread, I have rollcall soon, so I'll have to check tomorrow evening.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:21 pm

Yeah, so will I. Yours is at 9:30 like ours, I presume. After that I will be taking a shower but I will make the new thread after that (mobile devices with 4g networks are awesom!).
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:25 pm

Alright, cool cool. I guess I'll talk to you tomorrow, then Cool
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm

Actually, I think I'll wait till tomorrow since I'm pretty tired and I have this killer headache that I'd really like to sleep off.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:18 am

An important question that I forgot to ask yesterday: When will the rp being taking place?
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum