A Place for Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Untitled Pirate rp

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Untitled Pirate rp Empty Untitled Pirate rp

Post by Kohl Black Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:08 pm

A pirate-themed rp between me and my boyfriend (Calim)~
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Untitled Pirate rp Empty Re: Untitled Pirate rp

Post by Kohl Black Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:40 pm

Name: Hannah "Scarlet" Bonnet aka Captain Scarlet or Scarlet
Height: 6'02" (Tall for a female, yes, but since she's a maned wolf I thought it would make more sense for her to be tall)
Species: Maned wolf
Backstory: Not much is known about her past life, before becoming a feared/respected pirate. What is known is that she's only recently rose to prominence. In a short amount of time, she has amassed a fairly decent amount of wealth due to numerous successful raids, owed in part to her impressive prowess in battle. (I know it's small right now but I like to rp out my characters' backstories as a go along)
Ship: The Andromeki - a brigantine sporting 14 cannons and a total of 40 crew members, not including Scarlet herself. The figurehead is a hippocampus.
Weapon: (unnamed) - A 9-ringed dao. Obtained after defeating a tiger by the name of Captain Whiskers (not his actual name) during a fight over the spoils of a merchant ship the two had taken down together. She also carries a pistol with her but she uses it only rarely.
Appearance: Anthropomorphic maned wolf. She gets her name "Scarlet" from the outfit she wears, similar to below. Minus the hook and slightly more elegant.
Untitled Pirate rp Mens-r10

(I'll also probably be editing this post at some point as I add more characters of importance)

Last edited by Turwaithiel on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Untitled Pirate rp Empty Character of Oswald Ventralis

Post by Calim Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Name: Oswald Ventralis AKA Zephyr
Species: Human
Backstory: He has made a living as a ship-hopper for the last 6 years, but hasn’t been able to find a ship that is suitably interesting. (More on that in the weapon section) Well liked by most of the people he has worked with, but those that hate him do so with a passion. His unique talents and equipment have made him the target of multiple kidnappings and thefts; all of which have failed. He has developed the habit of sleeping apart from new crews due to this.
Weapon: Gale, Bow of the Howling Winds. She is a recurve bow made of bronze wood wrapped around a yew core. She has steel ornamentation at her tips etched with patterns of leaves. Her grip of comprised also of steel with a similar etching. Imbedded into the grip is a gemstone that appears to be a single perfect diamond. In this gemstone lives a wind spirit. She imbues the bow with the ability to harness the wind. It can be used to fire bolts of air as soft as a breath or as fierce as waterspout. The more powerful the shot the more draining it is for the wielder. On top of that is Gales whimsical nature. She only works at her finest when she is entertained or in personal danger. She has even denied use of her as a mundane weapon due purely to boredom. In addition to her use as a weapon she also has the ability to affect the air around her wielder to some extent. She can soften a landing, and, if given enough time turn a lethal shot into a near miss. She has trouble dealing with anything bigger than an arrow or bullet. In an attempt to keep her “happy” Oswald has been trying to find a ship that can keep her entertained.

Appearance: Short curly brown hair. Green Eyes. 5’10” 190lbs. He likes to keep his sleeves short and wears soft leather bracers on his arms. Aside from that he will wear whatever suits his fancy.

Calim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:23 pm

An endless landscape of blue stretched out in front of Captain Scarlet as she stood silently on the quarterdeck, listening to the sounds of the sea around her. Below her, the sound of waves crashing against the sides of the Andromeki. Around her, the gentle creaking of the wooden framework of the ship mixed in with the voices of her crew members as they busied themselves making sure they were well prepared for the fight ahead.
Scarlet inhaled, breathing in the salty taste of the air. The winds were strong and pushed them swiftly towards their goal. They were making good time. From her pocket she procured a spyglass, elongated it, then trained it on the distant horizon. Upon spotting the object of her desires, she grinned, revealing a sharp set of canines.
"There she is."
She put away the spyglass then turned to her nearest crew member - a weasel - and commanded, "Prepare to raise the black."
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:07 pm

Oswald stood in the crow's nest of the Following Sea. She was a small schooner, old but sturdy.
"Captain, she's raising colours!" Oswald shouted. "Pirates!"
"Ooh, Pirates. Finally something interesting," said Gale.
"Fun is certainly one word for it," said Oswald.
The wind is silent for a moment.
"Why haven't you ever joined up with a pirate crew, Oswald?"
"Pirates sail around ruining peoples lives, you know how I feel about that."
Oswald pulled Gale out of her sheath and tried to string her.
"No, I want to meet these pirates. I want to know if they really are as bad as you say."
"Gale, they will kill me, and the rest of the crew, steal everything that isn't bolted down, which includes you by the way, and scuttle the ship. Best case scenario you end up in a glass case in somebody's collection. Worst case, you end up at the bottom of the ocean."
"Maybe, maybe not. They might be nice pirates."
"They will be in range in a few seconds," Oswald shouted!

Calim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:20 am

The Andromeki steadily gained. Putting the spyglass to her eye once more, Captain Scarlet grinned again, wider this time as she observed panic visibly take hold of her prey. Nothing was more satisfying than watching a bunch of merchants scurry about a ship's deck as fear seized them. Seeing a pirate flag would do that.

She waited for them to show a sign of surrender. She was willing to give them 30 seconds starting now to surrender. If no signal came, she would fire a shot as a final warning and give them a few more seconds to make a decision. If they weren't quick enough, well...that was their own fault.

For this ship in particular, to refuse surrender was foolhardy. If they chose to try to escape, the Andromeki would catch up in no time. Already the distance between the two ships was closing rapidly. If there was one thing Captain Scarlet hated, it was when her prey attempted to flee. In such an event, no mercy would be shown. To attempt to fight was also foolhardy. In this instance the Andromeki also clearly outperformed the other vessel, as sturdy as it appeared to be. That only meant it would last slightly longer than some other, weaker ships. On the other hand, Captain Scarlet loved the thrill of a fight, so much fun would be had if they did choose to fight. Fun for her and her crew anyways.

The pirate captain let out a breath. Time was counting down. In a few more seconds, her prey would be within firing range.

(Decided to split up the paragraphs so it's a bit easier to read xP)
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:00 am

Captain Flyn was a reasonable fellow by nature, not prone to rash decisions. With an unarmed ship and a small crew the only options were surrender or flee. He decided to bank on the pirates preferring not to retrieve their pay from the bottom of the ocean. His ship was small and fast, and with the right wind he might be able to make his ship more trouble that it was worth.

"Loose the main sail, catch us some wind," Barked Flyn. "Dump what cargo can float. Give them something to chase. Mr. Ventralis, talk to your spirits, see if they can give us a favorable wind."

"Captain, she's being stubborn," Said Oswald.

"We don't have time for stubborn."

"I know sir. I think we're on our own for this one."

The crew began to throw crates of spice and silk overboard. A worthy enough hall to slow down the pirates. At least that was the hope.

If Flyn could keep them from getting a clean shot at the mast then maybe he could out maneuver them long enough to get them to give up.

Calim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:10 am

"Have it your way then," Scarlet murmured, returning her spyglass to her coat pocket. She then carefully considered her options.

Most pirates would have given up the chase here, seeing as how the prize they were after was freely given up to them. But seeing her prey make a futile attempt to flee gave her an itch to fight that couldn't be ignored. She could ignore the dropped cargo for now. Even without the cargo weighing the merchant ship down, she knew that the Andromeki would still be able to catch up easily. Also, there was the fact that these particular waters weren't frequented as often, thus little reason to worry about other pirates coming along and scooping up her plunder. And if they did, they would soon be sorry.

Just as you are soon going to be sorry for attempting to escape from me, Scarlet thought.

"Drop the top sails!" she shouted at her crew. Then, turning to her an aging man at the helm of the wheel who served as her sailing master, she said, "Make sure we are utilizing these favorable winds to their fullest extent."

"Aye Captain."

As the top sails unfurled, the ship turned ever so slightly and before long they were racing along the waves faster than before. The schooner they were chasing had also put on an impressive speed but the little headway they had made would not last for long. Needless to say, the Andromeki was gaining.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:43 am

Flyn was sad that they had dumped the cargo, but glad that they had picked up speed. Inertia was the key to escape. It wouldn't matter how fast the pirates were if they never got the chance to board. And at these speeds any attempt to board would be met with failure. As long as they could keep their sails they could keep moving and stay just out of the pirate's grasp.

"Mr. Ventralis, keep an eye for other ships! See if we can't get us some help."

Calim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:02 am

"Mr. Finch, give them a reminder of who exactly they're dealing with."

The quartermaster, a golden eagle, nodded then left to give a command to the crew stationed below the deck. Captain Scarlet knew that the merchant ship's captain was trying their best to keep their crew alive, and to a certain extent she admired them for it.

Unfortunately for you, she thought, if you had just surrendered as I so politely asked of you, you and your crew would have been left without a single scratch - assuming none of you foolishly attempted to resist. I was even planning on taking a select few to work for me. The pay would have been much better. Too bad. Now their future lies at the bottom of the sea. As for you...I have plans to make a proper example out of you.

A loud shot rang out. The cannon that flew out from within the Andromeki landed in the water, several feet behind the merchant ship they were pursuing. But then, the point wasn't to hit them. At least not yet.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:53 am

"Are you happy now, Gale? They are shooting at us," Oswald said.

"Hap-" Gale started.

"You know what... You want to go play with the pirates, we will go play with the pirates," Oswald interrupted. "We might even get to meet them face to face. Sound fun?"

"Yes"

"Good. Let me string you."

"Are you going to get yourself killed?"

"I hope not."

"Alright then, let's do this."

Oswald strung the bow. And shouted at the captain. "Captain, drop a longboat on the next swerve. I will buy you time to get out of here."

The ship went quiet as Flyn thought through his options. "Very well. May you find safe harbor Mr. Ventralis."

This ship turned to port and dropped a portside longboat. "Alright, Gale, catch me." Oswald jumped from the crow's nest to the long boat; a feat he was not fond of. To describe the sensation, it was as if the wind itself plucked him from his fall and drifted him downwards. "Next step, two shots, one for each bottom corner of the main sail. We want to break the ropes not the cross beams. The goal here is to annoy, not anger them." As he drew back the bow rush of wind filled his ears with a low whistle. Oswald took the first shot. The sound of a snapping rope said the shot was true. The second shot was not so clean. The angle was bad and the second shot did little more than chip some wood off of the ship's railing. "That should take enough wind out of their sails to let the Following Sea escape," Oswald said to Gale.

Calim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:42 am

Captain Scarlet snarled as part of the main sail came loose. This would slow them down. Repairing it would be easy - but it would also require time, too much time. Enough time for the merchant vessel to get away.

"Dammit all!"

They were close enough that she could see the longboat that had been launched from the other ship, and from within it, a lone figure. He seemed to be holding something and judging by the two arrows embedded into the wood of her ship, it seemed to be a bow.

Scarlet cursed again. I hope you don't regret the sacrifice you've made today. Because I can assure you - you will come to regret this one day.

"Mr. Finch, have our men aim a single cannon at that longboat just in front of us." Scarlet commanded, then nodded to her sailing master to turn the ship about to its broadside in order to get a clearer shot.

Once her target was in line, Captain Scarlet opened her mouth to give the command, but then something bumped the bottom of the ship. Something big. She could hear it as well as feel it. Whatever it was, it bumped - no, more like rammed the bottom of the ship again. This disturbance caused Scarlet as well as several other crew members to stumble and some even fell. When they heard splashing noises coming from port, they all ran to the railings and looked out at the ocean beneath them.

Something dark was lurking just beneath the waves. Something huge.

Then they saw the fin. It slowly rose from the waters, higher and higher until the very tip of it was at equal height with most of the crew members standing on the main deck of the ship. Most disturbing of all was just below the surface where the fin rested, Captain Scarlet could swear she could see two glowing yellow orbs, like eyes, peering up at them.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:35 pm

"Gale, what am I looking at?" Oswald asked as he leaned over the side of the longboat.

"A mechanical monstrosity? A living nightmare? A giant fucking shark? I don't know, do I look like the knower of all things aquatic!? NO!"

"Fair enough. Do you have the punch to take it down?"

"Maybe, if we get a clean shot at something important. A typhoon shot would probably do some lasting damage, but that would knock you out. Either way we would need it to be dumb enough to jump out of the water. Water tends to dissipate the force from my shots quite quickly. We wouldn't be able to shoot anything more than a couple of feet down with enough force to cause any damage."

Oswald picked up the oars and lightly rowed towards the pirate ship. "Any port in a storm..." He mumbled.

Calim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Silence fell on the Andromeki like a blanket. Then someone shouted, "Sea Monster!" and general mayhem followed. Some started yelling, running back and forth across the deck. Others knelt down on the spot and held their hands together, closing their eyes in silent prayer.

Whatever gods they were praying to, Captain Scarlet didn't care. She doubted any god would be merciful to their souls, as stained as they were.

"Listen up!" she barked and everyone stilled, turning their heads to her in rapt attention. She paused and opened her mouth as though she were about to launch into a inspiring speech to rouse their spirits in the face of this deadly threat but seemed to think better of it and closed her mouth and simply nodded to them. There was no time for a speech. Besides, they knew what was expected of them. They trusted her with their lives.

She glanced over at the monstrous thing beneath the waves and it glared back, as if waiting for her to make the first move.

"The beast won't stay under forever," she continued. "It seeks to destroy, but we're not going to let that happen!"

A chorus of agreement.

"When it does come up, we're going to blast it with all we got! It'll be nothing but strips of meat and fish scales!"

The entire crew of the Andromeki cheered. At the sound of their cheers, the beast at last decided to rise up out of the water.

Water cascaded down green-blue scales that were large and thick enough to serve as a shield. A mess of tendrils hung from a great maw - a maw that now opened wide to reveal row upon row of glimmering, pointed teeth. Its serpentine body had risen well up above the ship's highest mast. It was poised to strike.

A second passed. Two. The serpent seemed to be waiting again. Scarlet hoped her gunners were ready.

"FIRE!"

Cannon fire rang out. The cloud of smoke that followed prevented Scarlet from seeing her target but she was sure she could hear the cannons striking something.

A few more moments and the smoke cleared, revealing the serpent to be completely unscathed.

"It's protected by something," Scarlet murmured to herself. "Magic...?"

The serpent gazed down at them and it almost seemed to smiling at them, mocking them at their failure.

First the first time in a long time, Captain Scarlet felt true fear course through her body and it caused the fur on her body to stand on end. She, as well as the rest of the crew of the Andromeki were as good as dead.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:01 pm

"It brought its head out of the water. Gale, get ready."

"One shot, Oswald, that's all I can give you. Make it count."

Oswald took aim. As he drew back the arrow a loud whistling hiss surrounded him. He began to feel faint as he loosed the arrow and his vision went black.

A banshee shriek followed the arrow as it streaked towards the beasts eye. The concussive blast knocked the creature into the sea mere moments after Oswald hit the floor of the boat. If it wasn't dead then at least it would think twice about going near ships in the future.

A gentle gust of wind pushed the longboat up against the side of ship. The clack of timbre against timbre the only sound in the crimson puddle in the sea.

Calim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:23 pm

Scarlet had seen her fair share of powerful magic in the past, but nothing as powerful to take down a sea serpent in just one hit. As her men were leaning over the railing, peering down at the prone form of the man below them, she was torn between two decisions. On the one hand, she wanted to exact vengeance on the man who had helped her prey escape. On the other hand, she was grateful because he had also saved her and her crew's life, as well as preventing the certain destruction of her ship.

From one her pockets, the maned wolf withdrew a copper coin. She flicked it up into the air and watched it fall to the deck with a small chink.

"Haul him up. Take him down to the brig. Haul up the longboat as well."

While her men carried out her orders, Captain Scarlet bent over and retrieved the coin from the deck, placing it in her pocket once more. By this point, one of the sailors was looking curiously at the bow that had been left behind. He began to reach for it...

"No, don't touch that!" the captain warned.

But the sailor's hands were already around it.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:38 pm

The pirate found himself suddenly, and uncomfortably short of breath the moment his hand touched Gale.

"Hands off, me hearty. I belong to that scoundrel yonder. And If ye don't want what happened to that creature to happen to yee then ye'll see to it that he stays intact." Gale said in a cheerful voice. "Where be yer skipper?"

Calim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:06 pm

Immediately the sailor dropped the bow, scrambling back in fear. Several of the other pirates who were watching the spectacle took a few steps back as well.

Captain Scarlet had never seen or heard of a magical object speaking. It made her apprehensive, but she also had the feeling it couldn't do much without its owner. Thus the reason she chose to step forward.

"You're not going anywhere until we've done some questioning," she said, the nudged it to the side to a corner of the ship, out of the way of her men. Not that they'd be going anywhere near anyways.

"Mr. Finch, tell Mr. Hampton to turn the Andromeki back to wear that merchant vessel dropped the cargo, then have the men retrieve whatever they can carry in the longboats."

"Yes, Captain."

---

Down below, the newcomer had been set down inside the brig and locked inside on of the cells. After the ship's doctor deemed him to indeed be alive but unconscious, he left. Only a single man had been stationed down here, and he stared down at the newcomer through the bars of the cell, sneering as he waited for the other man to rouse from his unconscious state.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:01 pm

Oswald woke up slowly to the sound of the creaking ship. The smell of old, wet timbre filled his nostrils.

He turned his head, saw his jailor through the bars, and looked back at the ceiling.

"Shite." He said

Calim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:56 pm

Thump, thump, thump were the sounds Captain Scarlet's boots made as she descended the stairs down into the dimly lit brig below. Upon seeing his superior approach, the jailer backed away to allow the captain approach the man sitting in the holding cell.

Noting with satisfaction that he was awake.

"Why did you save us?" she asked him. "Choose your words carefully, and I might just keep you alive."
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:58 pm

Oswald didn't even bother to look at the newcomer. He just stared at the ceiling with his hands behind his head. "Simple answer...? I stand a better chance of making it back to shore on this ship than I do in an empty longboat, or even worse in that thing's stomach. Like it or not, I didn't have a choice. You were the only ship in a normally empty portion of sea. It was either help you or die. Is that a good enough answer?"

He paused for a moment then added with a sideways glance to his audience. "The name is Zephyr, by the way. Did my bow make it on board?"

Calim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:40 pm

Well, at least he's honest, Scarlet thought.
"It's up on the deck," she said. "Fortunately for you, my men are too afraid to go near it." She sighed. "I've been having a bad day. Normally that makes me want to kill someone." She stared pointedly in his direction. "I am curious however. Your bow seems to be imbued with strong magic - stronger than I've ever seen. And I've never seen magical objects that could talk, though I have heard about them...in fairy tails."
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:33 pm

"Her name is Gale, Bow of the Howling Winds," Oswald said as he sat up. Looking the captain in the eye he added "Let me fetch her, and I will tell you all about her."

Calim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:55 pm

Captain Scarlet smiled, having expected this question from the beginning.

"Do you really think I'm that dumb? No, you can tell me all about 'her' from right where you are."

From behind her, the pirate jailer spoke up, "Captain, why don't we just kill him and be done with it? That bow's gotta be worth a hefty price."

Scarlet's smile widened, her canines poking through.

"That's a good point you make. And I'm sure the rest of the crew would agree with your notion." She trained her gaze on Oswald. "So you see, I'm the only one who stands between you and your certain demise, so unless that's something you really desire, you best play by my rules."
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:45 pm

Oswald chuckles. "Alright, I will start by telling you that Gale is a wind spirit. And much like the wind she is a free spirit. Have you ever tried to sail against the wind? Of course not, it wouldn't work. That's why I'm here now. She wanted me to go play with the pirates." Oswald stood and walked up to the bars. "If I might ask, what did she do that has a salty bunch of bloodthirsty pirates too terrified to go near her?"

Calim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next