A Place for Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

SPOILER ALERT!!!!! Empty SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Post by Valrogg Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:48 pm

A place where we may discuss things that happen in awesome stories we have borne witness to, without ruining certain plot developments for others in the group. This shall be your one warning, if you do not want things to be spoiled, do not read in this topic! On the other hand, if you enjoy spoilers or you already know everything about the series in question, feel free!
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

https://aplaceforfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SPOILER ALERT!!!!! Empty Re: SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Post by Valrogg Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:12 pm

So, as per recommendations from Gary and Nicole, I have begun watching Akame ga Kill, which is a very interesting series. Bulat was my favorite character right off the bat, what with the fact that he uses a spear and his armor looks like a Gundam mech. However, he was marked for death the moment he revealed his amazing hair.
Unfortunately, the long, cylindrical pompadour sported by Bulat is often a mark of death among anime characters. The hairstyle, originally and most famously sported by "Wooden Sword" Ryunosuke of the Shaman King franchise, has led many a character to death or horrible beatings, starting with Ryu himself. So, epic as the character was, I knew Bulat was going to die once he showed that he sported the "Ryu Pomp". That doesn't make it any less heart-wrenching, though. On another note, this also happened just two episodes after the death of Sheele, who happened to be friggin' adorable and an endearing character. Her loss makes the series lesser, in my opinion. I get the feeling that character death in this series is about as prevalent as it is in The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones. However, I may in fact stop watching entirely if this trend happens to Mine, I may put the series on hold for a while. She is awesome, and reminds me of Taiga with a sniper rifle, and that is just the coolest thing I can think of. However, I also understand that Tatsumi and Akame (her name is in the title, duh) might be the only ones who are truly 'safe'.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Ugh, yes. I was really upset when Bulat and Sheele died. Especially Sheele because she was my favorite character. Also, I'll just one thing without spoiling too much, but I feel like I should give you a warning, most of the characters (particularly the good ones) in Akame ga Kill DO die. I'm sorry. If you don't want to deal with all that dramatic mess, and in such a short span of time, read the manga.
The anime sticks to the manga pretty closely up to a certain point until it starts to deviate (and I think this is due to the fact that it got ahead of the manga, similar to Fullmetal Alchemist) and then it apparently even skips over like 10 chapters (I haven't read all of the manga so this info is just from sources I've read online), so it essentially just becomes it's own thing. It also apparently ends earlier than the manga, which means you don't get the chance to learn more stories about certain characters.
So all I'm saying is that Akame ga Kill is a pretty decent anime, if you can get past all the quick succession of deaths, but the manga is better overall.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:57 pm

Interesting, I'll have to look into the manga, then. I'll start that once I finish the one I'm reading right now. I normally start by reading the manga, to tell truth, but this time I decided to begin with the show. I've also gotten a bit further, how is it that the beefed up pyro from TF2 is the best member of the opposing team?
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:06 pm

I don't know what TF2 is, but I'll assume you're talking about Bols. As for your question, I don't know. I definitely feel like he and Wave are fighting for the wrong side, though.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:32 pm

Lol, in the game Team Fortress 2, one of the playable characters is a flamethrower wielding mercenary called the Pyro, Bols reminds me of a shirtless, massive version of that character. And having those two on the wrong side makes for interesting  story telling, I'm pretty sure something will come of it either later in the show or manga
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:14 am

On the topic of Game of Thrones

I noticed that you mentioned GoT earlier and so I would like to discuss that, seeing as how I've recently gotten into the series thanks to my roommate. I've gotten up to season 4, but a lot of the major plot developments that happen in season 5 and season 6 have been spoiled for me thanks to the fan pages I have liked on FB. Usually I get annoyed by spoilers, but I haven't been bothered by these strangely enough. Before I proceed any further on this topic, however, I would just like to ask:

1. How far have you gotten in the show?
2. Have you read the books?
3. Who are your favorite characters/least favorite characters?
4. What are your feelings on the show? To what extent do you like it/dislike it, etc...
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:14 pm

I am fully caught up in the show, I have indeed read all the books, my favorite characters are Jon Snow, Arya Stark, Danaerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister, Brandon Stark, and Brienne of Tarth. So, you know, every one of the main protagonists. I appreciate the show's attempts at making Jaime Lannister likable, I really do...but I still hate him, because he's even worse in the books, and for all the good he's done, he's done a few evil things that just don't sit right with me. Honorable mentions go to Petyr Baelish and Sandor Clegane, who happen to be very disreputable men who I just can't bring myself to hate, kind of the opposite situation as with Jaime, they've done some terrible things, but have a certain light in their souls that I've seen that may have some role to play in the future. I do enjoy the show, very much in fact. I tend to roll my eyes derisively at the sex scenes, since I'm not there for that, I'm there for the intrigue of the different characters and plots, and, honestly, for Peter Dinklage's fantastic performance as Tyrion. Remind me again, how far have you gotten? What was the last thing that happened?
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:05 am

Also, as of now, in the show at least, most every other character I hate has suffered a gruesome/awesome death, that's why I didn't mention them. There's just too many of them XP
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:30 pm

You listed pretty much all of the same characters that are my favorites as well, but I want to add Sansa Stark to that list. And also the Direwolves.
I actually like Jaime Lannister, though I wouldn't go as far as to say he's one of my favorite characters I like. I haven't read the books so I don't know how bad he can be but in my opinion he's actually pretty respectable, when he's not with Cersei.
Other characters I have a certain amount of admiration for are Gendry, Podrick, and Jorah. To start with Podrick, he's just straight up adorable. Nothing more needs to be said xP. As for Jorah, I feel really bad for him. I mean, I understand being angry for betraying Daenerys, but I think her punishment was a little extreme. I mean, if she just and understood how much love and devotion he has towards her, I think she might have more respect for him. But maybe not. If I were her, I would have been more forgiving and understanding. And the Jorah memes. Gosh, they're SO harsh. I mean, they're kind of funny but at the same time they make me sad. This is just one such example: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/08/ff/d0/08ffd0b8a78464021b8fdc8e9442e8c6.jpg
And Gendry...Poor Gendry. Apparently he's been rowing nonstop for what, 2 whole seasons now? xD
http://images.memes.com/meme/1003623
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:50 pm

For me, Sansa has really only begun to grow into her own in the recent seasons, she was quite annoying in the first season so it kinda threw me off. Also, it seemed like her purpose in the story was mainly to highlight how much of an unbearable little inbred shite Joffrey was. And I can't believe I didn't mention Cersei when you asked which characters I hated. How is she even still alive???? Podrick is love, Podrick is life. We always need more Podrick. And they need to bring Gendry back, in the books it was some other son of Robert that was sent away on the boat and Gendry is still around being awesome. Jorah....bro you should really just move on. I get it, she's freaking Danaerys Targaryen, but at this point she's pretty much made it clear she wants none of what you're cooking. And then there's the direwolves. I'm going to have to quote Mordecai here for dramatic effect "So big...So angry...So dead." Honestly, though, they'd better leave Ghost alone.
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:07 am

I heard that in the books Nymeria has gathered a giant pack of wolves and that they're going around tearing people apart xD I hope they implement that into the show, because that would be freaking amazing.
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:04 am

I want them to have Arya reunite with her and then ride her into battle, with the army of wolves behind them. I need this, make a nerd's dream come true! XD
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohl Black Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:40 pm

Oh I totally agree. This definitely needs to happen!
Kohl Black
Kohl Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:15 pm

Right after the climactic Hound vs. The Mountain battle 8D
Valrogg
Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum